We've Moved:  Metsrefugees.com Forum Index We've Moved: Metsrefugees.com
Remember This Place?
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Armchair GM's - You're OMAR for the next month
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    We've Moved: Metsrefugees.com Forum Index -> Hall of Fame Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ads






Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Ads

Back to top
HammerHead



Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 1147
Location: Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Armchair GM's - You're OMAR for the next month Reply with quote

what do you do ?

make this fun not a flame fest. there's already plenty of that.


here's what i do ....

-->Trade B pitching prospect to Texas for Kenny Lofton. No big
commitment here. He's still a solid ballplayer. Relieves some of
Texas' payroll. Good 4th outfielder. Basically takes Endy's role.
Ledee to AAA.

-->Trade 2-B prospects to Washington for Ron Belliard. Decent
right handed pop to platoon with Stache. Again, small commitment.
Another right handed bat for the bench and lineup can't hurt.
He's fallen to a bench role in washington. He's also played a
few games at other positions, so he could be insurance if wright
gets hurt. For now, he replaces Gotay on the roster, who will be back.
Could be a solution at 2B for 2-3 years also.

-->Trade Milledge and Pelfrey to TBD for Carl Crawford. This is a bold
long term move for a young guy that can stick for several years in left
field. His big salary doesn't work too well in TB. It may take more than
Milledge and Pelfrey but because of the $$$ involved I wouldn't throw in
much more. DL Beltran. Gomez plays CF until Beltran comes back 100%.

-->DL/surgery for showenweis. replace with Vargas for now. look for situational lefty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gallstone



Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 4167

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was Omar, I'd start one of those "be a dentist in 3 months" courses
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrmua84



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 2200
Location: Albany and LI, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now your just acting silly gall...give me a break

_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!


Kicking America East Ass since 2001
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Metsforever
Whatever


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2618

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a long term corner OF'er.

Find a BP arm.

_________________
"We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IceySpoons



Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 5922
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with gotay looking halfway decent, i don't think we need another backup 2B. belliard's got a good average but not much else. he's got no pop whatsoever.

i love crawford, but i maintain that this team is not in a position to acquire long term talent in the outfield, when we've already got beltran locked in for another 4 years, and gomez, fernando, and milledge all coming up through the system within the next year or so.

much as i hate to admit it, because it was sharku's idea, i like the idea of lofton on this team as a stopgap. if i'm omar, i call texas and ask about a lofton/gagne deal, see what they want, and try to get it done. last night i suggested milledge and heilman for lofton and gagne, and while it seems lopsided, the asking price for any other deal isn't going to much cheaper (dunn, for example). at least in this one we get a stopgap OFer who fits perfectly into our lineup, and a middle reliever to replace heilman who could (if healthy) be absolutely dominant.

_________________
luigi425 wrote:
That right Benny it was me who broke into your car I got your radio thanks I sold for a bag of crack thanks man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IceySpoons



Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 5922
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metsforever wrote:
Find a long term corner OF'er.

Find a BP arm.


any names/trade proposals or are you going to hide behind your silly blanket statements for the rest of the day?

_________________
luigi425 wrote:
That right Benny it was me who broke into your car I got your radio thanks I sold for a bag of crack thanks man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrmua84



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 2200
Location: Albany and LI, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a fealing Adam Dunn is the answer...the funny thing, they think they are having fun bad mouthing Delgado, JUST WAIT FOR HOW LONG THEY GIVE DUNN...lol

_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!


Kicking America East Ass since 2001
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Metsforever
Whatever


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2618

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceySpoons wrote:
Metsforever wrote:
Find a long term corner OF'er.

Find a BP arm.


any names/trade proposals or are you going to hide behind your silly blanket statements for the rest of the day?




I'm going to let the poeple who think we should do nothing other than what Omar does, have first go.

Also i've floated names elsewhere.

_________________
"We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrmua84



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 2200
Location: Albany and LI, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree we need a corner OF...i would like to hear suggestions. However, if you are doing Delgado bashing, I hope Dunn is not one of your suggestions.

_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!


Kicking America East Ass since 2001
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IceySpoons



Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 5922
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metsforever wrote:
IceySpoons wrote:
Metsforever wrote:
Find a long term corner OF'er.

Find a BP arm.


any names/trade proposals or are you going to hide behind your silly blanket statements for the rest of the day?




I'm going to let the poeple who think we should do nothing other than what Omar does, have first go.

Also i've floated names elsewhere.


ok, so you're going to wait until the smart people make some thoughtful suggestions and then pick a convenient time to chime in. sounds like a plan, duncecap.

_________________
luigi425 wrote:
That right Benny it was me who broke into your car I got your radio thanks I sold for a bag of crack thanks man
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StAiNdRuLeZ
Hearts Shawn Green


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 11378
Location: Look Up

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tank the season and go the for the number one pick in the draft for 2008


sell off the veterans and see if the yankees want beltran for CF

_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hojosmets



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 8831
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StAiNdRuLeZ wrote:
tank the season and go the for the number one pick in the draft for 2008


sell off the veterans and see if the yankees want beltran for CF



wait.....no Manny????!?!??!?!?!?!?! I'm stunned. Shocked

_________________
I Believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrmua84



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 2200
Location: Albany and LI, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StAiNdRuLeZ wrote:
tank the season and go the for the number one pick in the draft for 2008


sell off the veterans and see if the yankees want beltran for CF


HAHAHAHA...I AGREE!!!!!

_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!


Kicking America East Ass since 2001
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HireDePodesta
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 6017

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd trade for a pen arm, that's about it. Maybe a backup OFer if you can get one cheaply.

There's no reason to be panicking.

_________________
ďIím just going to keep rolling. Thatís me. Nothingís going to change that. Thatís how we play the game. Iím not going to change for anybody."
-Milledge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hojosmets



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 8831
Location: Jersey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HireDePodesta wrote:
I'd trade for a pen arm, that's about it. Maybe a backup OFer if you can get one cheaply.

There's no reason to be panicking.


When you panic, you get raped in trades.

_________________
I Believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrmua84



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 2200
Location: Albany and LI, NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hojosmets wrote:
HireDePodesta wrote:
I'd trade for a pen arm, that's about it. Maybe a backup OFer if you can get one cheaply.

There's no reason to be panicking.


When you panic, you get raped in trades.


caugh caugh...Jesus...caugh caugh

_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!


Kicking America East Ass since 2001
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Metsforever
Whatever


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 2618

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceySpoons wrote:
Metsforever wrote:
IceySpoons wrote:
Metsforever wrote:
Find a long term corner OF'er.

Find a BP arm.


any names/trade proposals or are you going to hide behind your silly blanket statements for the rest of the day?




I'm going to let the poeple who think we should do nothing other than what Omar does, have first go.

Also i've floated names elsewhere.




ok, so you're going to wait until the smart people make some thoughtful suggestions and then pick a convenient time to chime in. sounds like a plan, duncecap.




Nah, the smart people were ahead of the game this Winter bonehead, you guys are still catching us up.

We clamoured for moves in the Winter while the rest of you clapped like seals at everything your master did.

So, fucko, how are YOU going to turn around the mess you were very happy to sign off on?

_________________
"We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HireDePodesta
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 6017

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something I'd love for one of the Four Horsemen(Great name, whoever came up with it) to answer:

The Mets have a 2 game lead right now on anyone in the division. Can you guys explain how, over the first 2 months, the Mets got this lead? Was it just luck? Did MLB make a new rule that gave the Mets some wins? Maybe I missed it.

To act like the Mets are all of a sudden a bad team now because of one bad stretch is dumb. The schedule makers have the Mets playing on the road in Detroit, flying to the west coast for ONE series, and then back to NY again for the Yankees series. It's a tough stretch, we all knew it was going to be. If the Mets can get out of June alive, there's no one who's beating them for the divison.

_________________
ďIím just going to keep rolling. Thatís me. Nothingís going to change that. Thatís how we play the game. Iím not going to change for anybody."
-Milledge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
METropolis



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 1927

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I agree with Hire, don't panic.

I would ask the Redsox about Coco Crisp and see if he can be had on the cheap(possibly for Mota or Vargas).

Trade Heilman and Carp to Pit for Damaso Marte and Zach Duke. Kinda like the Ollie trade last year. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SportsTruth



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 2817

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceySpoons wrote:
with gotay looking halfway decent, i don't think we need another backup 2B. belliard's got a good average but not much else. he's got no pop whatsoever.

i love crawford, but i maintain that this team is not in a position to acquire long term talent in the outfield, when we've already got beltran locked in for another 4 years, and gomez, fernando, and milledge all coming up through the system within the next year or so.

much as i hate to admit it, because it was sharku's idea, i like the idea of lofton on this team as a stopgap. if i'm omar, i call texas and ask about a lofton/gagne deal, see what they want, and try to get it done. last night i suggested milledge and heilman for lofton and gagne, and while it seems lopsided, the asking price for any other deal isn't going to much cheaper (dunn, for example). at least in this one we get a stopgap OFer who fits perfectly into our lineup, and a middle reliever to replace heilman who could (if healthy) be absolutely dominant.


I like that idea. Especially Gagne, cause he could help alot.

_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    We've Moved: Metsrefugees.com Forum Index -> Hall of Fame Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Abuse - Report Abuse - TOS & Privacy.
Powered by forumup.us free forum, create your free forum! Created by Hyarbor & Qooqoa - Auto ICRA

Page generation time: 0.308