We've Moved:  Metsrefugees.com Forum Index We've Moved: Metsrefugees.com
Remember This Place?
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If LoDuca gets average to.. .310 for haters.. .320 for Hire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    We've Moved: Metsrefugees.com Forum Index -> Hall of Fame Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ads






Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Ads

Back to top
HireDePodesta
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 6017

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjPiLL wrote:
HireDePodesta wrote:
When you put words in my mouth and state that I am implying things I am not, yes, you are bothering me.



I'm so sorry then.


Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



Lame.

_________________
ďIím just going to keep rolling. Thatís me. Nothingís going to change that. Thatís how we play the game. Iím not going to change for anybody."
-Milledge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JPSchmack
Most Long Winded Poster
Most Long Winded Poster


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 8738
Location: Big Easy or some freaking airport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent way too much fucking time on HTML code for you to blow off that lineup post.

Bottom line is:
NONE of our best lineups have LoDuca hitting #2.
They have BELTRAN or WRIGHT hitting #2 in all cases (our two best hitters). And all the worst lineups have the PITCHER hitting second.

Kind of shows you that:
a) The #2 spot in the lineup is the most important.
b) The #3 spot is highly overrated
c) LoDuca should NOT be in the top five.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HireDePodesta
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 6017

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPSchmack wrote:
I spent way too much fucking time on HTML code for you to blow off that lineup post.

Bottom line is:
NONE of our best lineups have LoDuca hitting #2.
They have BELTRAN or WRIGHT hitting #2 in all cases (our two best hitters). And all the worst lineups have the PITCHER hitting second.

Kind of shows you that:
a) The #2 spot in the lineup is the most important.
b) The #3 spot is highly overrated
c) LoDuca should NOT be in the top five.


I acknowledged it. I was actually looking for another lineup generator that another site did.

DJ is just going to ignore all facts, anyway.

_________________
ďIím just going to keep rolling. Thatís me. Nothingís going to change that. Thatís how we play the game. Iím not going to change for anybody."
-Milledge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DjPiLL



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4367
Location: Scrappiest refugee that leans into pitches

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HireDePodesta wrote:

DJ is just going to ignore all facts, anyway.



My facts are there for everyone to read.

Are you STILL upset? Why don't you dedicate a new thread about me like JBG did... maybe that will make you feel better. LOL Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charlie_obrien_fan



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4379
Location: RFK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about #2. I'm disappointed with LoDuca's numbers compared to other catchers in the league. He's not terrible, but not great either.

6th of 16 in BA
Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



8th of 16 in OBP

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



9th of 16 in SLG

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



10th of 16 in OPS

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



13th of 16 in P/PA

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



2nd of 16 in doubles

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



11th of 16 in HR

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



1st of 16 in PA (definitely help with the counting stats)

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!



Last edited by charlie_obrien_fan on Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPSchmack
Most Long Winded Poster
Most Long Winded Poster


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 8738
Location: Big Easy or some freaking airport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's an easy compromise between stat-generated lineup order and common sense:

1. Reyes (duh)
2. Beltran
3. Delgado (his stats should go up anyway)
4. Wright
5. Floyd
6. Porn
7. LoDuca
8. Nady
9. Pitcher.

Gets a high OBP guy #2, one of our best hitters #2, keeps a "stud" #3, our franchise player #4, protected by a power guy #5, Small ball at the bottom.

And it preserves L-R balance: S, S, L, R, L, S, R, R, P

too bad there's 119 million reasons Willie won't do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DjPiLL



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4367
Location: Scrappiest refugee that leans into pitches

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charlie_obrien_fan wrote:
Forget about #2. I'm disappointed with LoDuca's numbers compared to other catchers in the league. He's not terrible, but not great either.



Its obvious that the AL is "the better hitting league". You can't compare apples to oranges because the AL hitters see different pitching than the NL hitters. (for the most part)

How does LoDuca compare to just the NL catchers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StAiNdRuLeZ
Hearts Shawn Green


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 11378
Location: Look Up

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!


_________________

Only registered users can see links on this forum!
Register or Login on forum!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DjPiLL



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4367
Location: Scrappiest refugee that leans into pitches

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPSchmack wrote:
I think there's an easy compromise between stat-generated lineup order and common sense:

1. Reyes (duh)
2. Beltran
3. Delgado (his stats should go up anyway)
4. Wright
5. Floyd
6. Porn
7. LoDuca
8. Nady
9. Pitcher.

Gets a high OBP guy #2, one of our best hitters #2, keeps a "stud" #3, our franchise player #4, protected by a power guy #5, Small ball at the bottom.

And it preserves L-R balance: S, S, L, R, L, S, R, R, P

too bad there's 119 million reasons Willie won't do it.




Here is the problem with your scenario:

We are already mid season and our 3-4-5 has 20+ HRs each. There is NO WAY that will be touched mid-season.

Maybe Willie should have done this to start the season... thats very debatable. But we are past that point.

And as far as next season goes... Beltran will never get put at the #2 spot now that he has shown he can put up impressive power numbers.

We are not the Yankees with power at every position. Omar will most likely look for a good 2B in the offseason that will most likely bat second.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charlie_obrien_fan



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4379
Location: RFK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjPiLL wrote:
charlie_obrien_fan wrote:
Forget about #2. I'm disappointed with LoDuca's numbers compared to other catchers in the league. He's not terrible, but not great either.



Its obvious that the AL is "the better hitting league". You can't compare apples to oranges because the AL hitters see different pitching than the NL hitters. (for the most part)

How does LoDuca compare to just the NL catchers?


That is exactly what I was showing Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DjPiLL



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4367
Location: Scrappiest refugee that leans into pitches

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charlie_obrien_fan wrote:
DjPiLL wrote:
charlie_obrien_fan wrote:
Forget about #2. I'm disappointed with LoDuca's numbers compared to other catchers in the league. He's not terrible, but not great either.



Its obvious that the AL is "the better hitting league". You can't compare apples to oranges because the AL hitters see different pitching than the NL hitters. (for the most part)

How does LoDuca compare to just the NL catchers?


That is exactly what I was showing Wink




DUH! My bad. You make some interesting points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPSchmack
Most Long Winded Poster
Most Long Winded Poster


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 8738
Location: Big Easy or some freaking airport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjPiLL wrote:
Here is the problem with your scenario:

We are already mid season and our 3-4-5 has 20+ HRs each. There is NO WAY that will be touched mid-season.

Maybe Willie should have done this to start the season... thats very debatable. But we are past that point.

And as far as next season goes... Beltran will never get put at the #2 spot now that he has shown he can put up impressive power numbers.

We are not the Yankees with power at every position. Omar will most likely look for a good 2B in the offseason that will most likely bat second.


agreed. That's not to say it's not smart.

The other thing is that due to L/R splits, Floyd would be a better option to hit #2 vs righties.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HireDePodesta
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 6017

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Floyd to hit #2 since before the season even started. He was my suggestion when the whole LoDuca/Beltran at #2 debate was going on. I was expecting Cliff to put up better numbers though.

_________________
ďIím just going to keep rolling. Thatís me. Nothingís going to change that. Thatís how we play the game. Iím not going to change for anybody."
-Milledge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DjPiLL



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4367
Location: Scrappiest refugee that leans into pitches

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPSchmack wrote:
DjPiLL wrote:
Here is the problem with your scenario:

We are already mid season and our 3-4-5 has 20+ HRs each. There is NO WAY that will be touched mid-season.

Maybe Willie should have done this to start the season... thats very debatable. But we are past that point.

And as far as next season goes... Beltran will never get put at the #2 spot now that he has shown he can put up impressive power numbers.

We are not the Yankees with power at every position. Omar will most likely look for a good 2B in the offseason that will most likely bat second.


agreed. That's not to say it's not smart.

The other thing is that due to L/R splits, Floyd would be a better option to hit #2 vs righties.




I gotta admit.... I *REALLY* like the idea of Floyd batting second. Its just a shame that his numbers this year have been so piss-poor... we couldn't execute this.

And yeah you are right... you can't say it isn't smart. But I will also admit... i didn't have an issue with LoDuca batting second to start the season either because I didn't want to see Beltran at #2.

I am just glad that LoDuca has held up his end of the bargain to this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HireDePodesta
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 6017

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when it all comes down to it, we're talking about like 13 runs, or roughly 1 win. It's really not worth the huge argument.

_________________
ďIím just going to keep rolling. Thatís me. Nothingís going to change that. Thatís how we play the game. Iím not going to change for anybody."
-Milledge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DjPiLL



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4367
Location: Scrappiest refugee that leans into pitches

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HireDePodesta wrote:
And when it all comes down to it, we're talking about like 13 runs, or roughly 1 win. It's really not worth the huge argument.



Which makes me wonder why the haters constantly bash him batting second.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JPSchmack
Most Long Winded Poster
Most Long Winded Poster


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 8738
Location: Big Easy or some freaking airport

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HireDePodesta wrote:
I wanted Floyd to hit #2 since before the season even started. He was my suggestion when the whole LoDuca/Beltran at #2 debate was going on. I was expecting Cliff to put up better numbers though.


Well, I wanted Beltran-Reyes-Delgado-Wright-Floyd-Nady-LoDuca-2B

did you find a lineup tool that would tell you how many runs per game a lineup would score if you plugged it in?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DjPiLL



Joined: 15 May 2006
Posts: 4367
Location: Scrappiest refugee that leans into pitches

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPSchmack wrote:
Well, I wanted Beltran-Reyes-Delgado-Wright-Floyd-Nady-LoDuca-2B

did you find a lineup tool that would tell you how many runs per game a lineup would score if you plugged it in?



Thats why I can't really take any lineup you post seriously. Laughing Beltran leadoff? Very Happy

The issue I have with these lineup tools is they don't take into account the intangiables. The fact that Reyes never steals on early counts (for instance).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HireDePodesta
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 6017

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I didn't at the time. I just figured there was no realistic chance Beltran hit #2. Floyd seemed like the only other logical option.

I'll look for one now to see how that lineup would do based on this year's stats.

_________________
ďIím just going to keep rolling. Thatís me. Nothingís going to change that. Thatís how we play the game. Iím not going to change for anybody."
-Milledge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ddemps03



Joined: 14 May 2006
Posts: 1710

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reyes
Beltran
Wright
Delgado
PIAZZA
Floyd
Nady
Matsui/Pornstache

Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    We've Moved: Metsrefugees.com Forum Index -> Hall of Fame Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Abuse - Report Abuse - TOS & Privacy.
Powered by forumup.us free forum, create your free forum! Created by Hyarbor & Qooqoa - Auto ICRA

Page generation time: 0.256